Choicescript is fast to learn and fun to write in (like Inform 7, yay), but there are some things I wish I could do with it.
- Change default black text on white appearance
- A beta-tester commented that it was uncomfortable to look at, and it’d be cool to be able to insert your own banner or logo
- Be able to play-test game from a certain point
- Like skeins in I7. I get that I can use a placeholder variable to get around this, but it’d be nice to have around.
- (related) Dedicated text editor for Choicescript
- syntax colouring for *choice and #options for example
- Playtest within the editor
- Keyboard shortcuts
- YESSSS keyboard shortcuts for ‘Next’/*page_break and things like that
- Like how Duolingo does it!